I Drank 2 Liters of Water every Day for 30 Days... Here's What Happened



君の名は 飲む 水 のど乾いた GIF - Yourname Drink Water GIFs
"I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man" -  Henry David Thoreau

Hello, my little chickadee dickadees! How have you been? Haven't spoken in a while, but let's be honest I battled to blog every week. My life is so crazy with my Honours degree that I barely even have time for myself, let alone time to think up a blog post. Yet here we are…

It occurred to me last month that a simple solution to my writer's block was to try something new every month and report back on what happened. So I decided to up the amount of water I was drinking for 30 days.

This meant drinking 2litres of water a day for 30 days. This only refers to the intake of water, not coffee or tea. To be honest, I probably drank more than two litres (other beverages included), but I wanted to focus on a round, seemingly attainable number. 2 Litres seemed doable to me. Over time, water replaced soft drinks and I actually started to like the taste of ice-cold water, especially on the hot summery days, my climate is known for. I'm not really sure why I chose to do this, at the beginning, I just decided that I should try to drink 2L of water for 30 days. Also, it's a lot cheaper on a student budget, since I just needed to open a tap and my drink of choice was there. And sure there were days at the beginning where I got so bored with just drinking water, but then I added lemon juice (and sometimes elderflower cordial) to spice it up a little.

Numerous websites, newspapers and magazines for years have been touting the benefits of drinking water. From healthier skin to better digestion. I've been hearing these things for years and so I decided to test it out. I recorded how I felt for the first week and then got tired of recording and I didn't notice much of a change in my body. I definitely felt more hydrated, but there were some days where I didn’t think I could finish the full amount, or I drank too much in one go and felt bloated. And before you ask, I did use the bathroom a lot more during the day (something I definitely expected). I will say that of all the benefits touted online, I definitely feel more energetic, my skin is much clearer and my digestion is more regular. Honestly, I don’t know why I wasn't staying hydrated before, it's actually surprisingly easy to consume large quantities of water.

All in all, I'm glad I hopped aboard the hydration train. I definitely feel healthier than I used to and honestly, this one small change makes me feel like I'm living my best life. This month I am putting one of those brain training apps to the test. I'm going to try Lumosity for 30 days and see what happens. Will I be super smart at the end? Probably not. But hey, let's see what happens. I'll check in in 30 days. Did you try anything new last month?


GIF: https://tenor.com/view/yourname-drink-water-thirsty-gif-7520109

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Tuesday: Making a Comeback After a Setback

Fitness Friday: The things I've Learned So Far...