Fitness Friday: Motivation?


Image result for what the fuck gifSO it's Friday once again, but for us its Monday. Sigh two Monday's in one week really screws with my head... For one, not entirely excited that EVERY time there is a public holiday, my university chucks the Monday timetable onto a Friday and thus my favourite day of the week becomes one hellish ominshambles. Okay, mini rant over, time for another Fitness Friday.  
I'd like to acknowledge that: No one is perfect, you'll make mistakes. Deprivation leads to cravings and over indulging. At the beginning of my journey I cut out all the good foods and I will not lie cravings got way to much. Suddenly I was eating a whole Rolo chocolate bar and  . I came across the 80/20 rule about two weeks ago. Essentially, 80% of the time eat healthy, nutritious food and 20% of the time eat whatever you want (in moderation) without feeling. So 20% of the time you can eat drink and be merry. 
That being said, I knew that following this meant that I'd have to work on controlling my intake of food. Insert calorie counting once more. I know I've preached before about my view on calorie counting,  but in retrospect, there are pro of using a calorie counter when eating healthy.  On a personal level, looking at the amount of calories you burn whilst exercising is really cool. In about half an hour of exercise I burn about 200 calories which, I mean, seems really awesome. Not to mention the amount of calories I burn walking to and from campus everyday on my leisurely 1.8 kilometer walk. 
I have also found that calorie counting, when not obsessing about the calories in the food that I eat, does help make better food choices as I at least know what is in my food, not only the calories but the amount of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in my food. I use a calorie counting app called MyNetDiary (#notspons), it's a great app as it really help me to get all the nutrients I need in the right portions. I recommend it if you are really struggling with healthy eating. 
Calorie counting has it's pros and cons, but I say try it before you knock it. Also I have actually lost a little bit of weight since I have fully committed to my eating plan and I'd definitely loved to try having a bento box a least one day in the week. They're generally packed to the brim with healthy goodness. Can't wait for that. So glad this week is FINALLY over. 
Until later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Drank 2 Liters of Water every Day for 30 Days... Here's What Happened

Motivational Tuesday: Making a Comeback After a Setback

Fitness Friday: The things I've Learned So Far...